Saturday, February 20, 2010

ohmygoshitsmai28thbirthday.

Happy birthday to me!




Hmmm...i always thought i would hate being in my late 20s...but i don't seem to mind it. Ask me in a month and see how I feel. HAH!

I had school on my birthday, so I couldn't really get to crazy with the dressing up (and its like 20 degrees outside) but here is my outfit:




boots: joie, h&m shorts, urban outfitters capelet, gap tights, all saints spinalfield scarf, helmut lang top, headband made by me, jewelry: iam. jewelry mixed with some vintage pieces.

As some of you may know, I am originally from Honolulu, Hawaii. I wish I could have seen my family during my birthday, but I did get a sweet phone call from my Mom and Dad while I was at my birthday dinner with my friends. I miss my mom so much that I bought this for myself as a birthday present:






Its a vintage leather bag from the 1940s, in mint condition. I love the detailing so much! Now I can have my mom by my side at all times :) I miss you Mommy!

I recently had a custom order for a pinky ring for one of my many homos back in Hawaii. He said he loved my double bar ring, but wanted something a little more subtle. It came out really cute, and I actually used a thicker rod and ring for him.:




Here I am, working hard in the studio:



I put it on, and it actually looks cute as a women's ring too!


My jewelry line purposely looks very unisex, and that's what I really love about it. It is so versatile, but you can still layer it with other jewelry pieces to make a real statement.

If you'd like a custom piece, you can message me or find me on my etsy store.

11 comments:

Erinsies said...

happy birthday!!!
love the mom bag!

Anonymous said...

great photos
loving the ring, fabulous bag
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments, love it!

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Kawaii Friends Cafe said...

I love this post! Happy B Day! I'm sure your parents are so proud(and a little worried cause they're japanese) for you!

W said...

happy birthday, you look fabulous at 28 :D
and i love the versatility of the jewelry as well!


x

Anonymous said...

great site! i love the boots you're wearing and i would so buy that ring! it's so beautiful and simple!
xxx
vb

Unknown said...

hi mai. happy belated birthday. 28 is an awesome year. it's when you hit the big 3-O that scares you. hehe. anyways, as my gift to you, i ordered the earrings and bar ring. hehehehe. again happy bday. i can't wait to get my goodies made by you!

blackecstasy said...

hapy bday dear ! and you still look beautiful <3
love ur bad and the ring! wah u so talented ! <3
have a great weekend ..
xoxo

yudia aiiu

http://blackecstasy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

happy b-day. i love the bag!!!!nice blog HONEY! :D I LIKE IT!!!

Follow my blog and I follow your blog:O)

i`m happy if you follow me toooo with bloglovin ;)

KISS ;*)

Susanna-Cole King said...

Oh, I'm awfully belated here...but, happy birthday! Hope your birthday was fantastic! You look beautiful, and Iove that ring!

Thanks for your comment, by the way! <3

xoxo,
S-C

lost in dreams and reality. said...

hey gorgeous!
i really like ur blog!
nice pictures and u look soo pretty :)

come check out my blog for a great giveaway!

love, katharina

http://realitydisaster.blogspot.com/

Under-Developed said...

Cutey Patootey*